Joan Autrey helps lawyers strategically build thriving practices. She helps them identify and capitalize on their unique strengths and key opportunities. She skillfully assists clients with developing a focus on business development strategy, skills, process and mindset – the four key components of successful business development. For more than 20 years, lawyers across the U.S. and Canada have leveraged her business development savvy to significantly grow their practices. View Joan’s services. In addition to client work, Joan has also:
- Developed a key component of a marketing project, which won the International Award for Excellence from the Professional Marketing International Association in London.
- Spearheaded a marketing project featured prominently in Of Counsel, a publication of Prentice Hall Law & Business.
- Written articles published in Marketing For Lawyers (New York Law Publishing Company), and Minnesota Lawyer.
- Been quoted and featured in Managing Partner, Minnesota Business Journal, and Bench & Bar.
- Spoken at an Executive Leadership class at St. Thomas University and the International Institute of Women Entrepreneurs at the College of St. Catherine.
- Been a featured speaker for monthly and annual meetings of the Legal Marketing Association.
- Served on the Board of the Legal Marketing Association.
- Conducted Seminars for the Minnesota State Bar Association, the Hennepin County Bar Association and William Mitchell College of Law.
- Presented as content expert for SalesFitness a new, leading edge sales training app (see videos below).
Presentation on the importance of listening
Presentation on empathy